Sunday 19 August 2012

Something new...

When we were kids, my mum used to hire this lady/ artist- Sara Fogaca- to prepare our birthday parties.

I was so in love with that world of colors, glitter, styrofoam that will become our preferred friends from the cartoons...and Sara understood that, so she always allowed me to be part of her crew. 
I think I was good at that because then she allowed me to go to her studio and help with other parties a couple of times...I must be 6, 7, 8 years old...
This is definitely between the good and special memories I have from my childhood. I still remember when she taught me how to make those amazing bows and wrap the beautiful presents. I felt like a big girl!
The other good memory I have is from when my dad used to travel for work. He usually would bring us a present and when it was those metal cases full of colored pencils, wow, that was heaven! Until today I dream of having one of the huuuge ones, with several "floors", 500, 1000 colors!!! 

Then, I went to fashion design school, but just for 1 year, because I was already graduated and working and the opportunity to move to Chile came up so I have to stop my studies...

The world of craft always enchanted me and today, while doing some housekeeping, I found my old colored pens from fashion school, the paper, the brushes and paints that I friend left after a course at Central Saint Martins and...guess what? Nice music and some experimenting...

The result is pretty bad, but the feeling is great! Playing with the brushes, the colors, experimenting in water, drawing...I felt like that little girl from the old times, free, full of good vibes and dreams!!!








First attempt...not promising at all...but fun



Second attempt...







Some songs from the soundtrack...


No comments:

Post a Comment