Saturday 18 August 2012

Olympic Blues...

Because all good things DO have to come to an end...

Olympic withdrawal...

Special guests, long conversations, great dinners, party, fun, laughter, tears, a new baby- Marina!!, work, some rest to balance it a bit, emotions...and the sun, after months in the darkness of the crappy weather, London was sunny for 17 days in a row! In this 3 years that I've been living here I've never see it happening.

My first Olympic game was Atlanta- Brazil x Nigeria- football...Amazing, the 5 of us, the whole family!

But now, after this one, a flame has certainly fired and I wish I can attend all of forthcoming ones! The atmosphere is amazing, people are happy, the sense of achievement and accomplishment is every where. From the volunteers, to the athletes that you happen to meet (at 4am when coming back home ;)), to the sports lovers.

The word for me for the London Olympic Games is :KINDNESS! People were kind, everywhere! And it felt great!

Here a bit of all that happened during these days + some of the most beautiful pics I collected from the internet...

To finish it off, the closing ceremony and the images that made me reinforce something I always knew, but been thinking, or better than that, feeling a lot - how I miss my country... and the people ...and the joy and that spark that only a Brazilian like me can understand...
TO COM SINTOMAS DE  SAUDADES!!! (as the lyrics in Marisa Monte's song says...)

And waiting for 2016...





Nice message when getting at work


Waiting for the torch (King's Road)

Special guest ;)






The Queen at the Opening Cerimony



I lover her!!!  Contagious happiness





Cheers to the Olympics

Mum and daughter- friendship & inspiration


Around home







On a sunday...we love doing this...




Another friend and some cupcakes...







































No comments:

Post a Comment