Tuesday 10 April 2012

Old friend

We haven't seen each other for over 8 years...In the past he used to be my company every other weekend...we used to run...run, explore the nature, just the 2 of us...He taught me how freedom feels like when we were running together, in the middle of nowhere, as there was no time, no nothing...Just us...
Eventually we'd stop to rest, have some water and just contemplate the nature...

It was a Sunday, there was a party but I didn't want to stay there, too much people, too much noise...we went for a run as usual...

I think I didn't pay enough attention to him to realize he was getting tired...He has quite a strong personality, but I knew all his tricks...and he knew mine. We loved each other, but at the same time we were usually disputing the power and the control...I thought I should have it...but he taught me again that things very often are not the way we think they should be...

On our way back home he started to force his head down in that funny way, the way I knew he was trying to say how annoyed and tired he was...but I didn't stop...
I loved the speed...and then, I fell...

Since then, I haven't met any other friend like him...I never went back to see him again...
But yesterday we met...and it felt the same way...as if time hasn't passed...
He is an old guy now...last time he was still shiny black, very elegant...
He is still very elegant, but his hair has become white...and even tough his strong personality is still there, in his eyes, he has become sweeter, calmer...

It was simply great! The small, simple, little moments in life...




No comments:

Post a Comment