Saturday 14 April 2012

Happy Birthday

Saturday, April 14th, 2012.
BA 246 flight, from Sao Paulo to London.

It was 7ish am when we landed in London.
I had a terrible flight, couldn't sleep for more than 15 min...

They apparently were apart during the flight. A family of 5: mum, dad and 3 children- 2 girls and a boy.
I left the plane and "Dad" was waiting for them. Suddenly, the most sweet "sleepy" voice starts singing "Happy Birthday to you..."
All of us, leaving the plane looked back to that girl. Long brown "messy" hair, beautiful black eyes...
"Dad's" face lighten up and the most beautiful smile appeared in his face, a great way to arrive "home" on his birthday I guess...
And then, amongst that sea of people arriving in Heathrow this morning, a small choir started following that sweet girl and her family singing "Happy Birthday" to her dad. If it was in Brazil, maybe I wouldn't be so impressed...Touched I'd be anyway though...
But as I'm in England, after a long haul flight, full of "no- morning" people I'm sure!, that was uplifting.

I looked around after we finished singing and there wasn't a person without a smile on her face.

Then, down to take the transit to the arrivals terminal luckily enough the family was right beside me and I had the chance to look into that "Dad's" eyes and wish him Happy Birthday myself...
So, that's how getting home felt like this morning. And I was so in need of something like that...

It made me reinforce my belief that if you are good, God will always send you signs to reassure you that there is something bigger, more important... and sometimes, even if you feel lost, confused, with no clear direction, again, if you are good, great things will come in your way...

Now, time to try to rest and get some sleep...
Good morning London!





No comments:

Post a Comment